Saturday, November 7, 2009

kapal terbang kertas

It should be about time it gets cold in WL, late fall, or autumn if you’d prefer to call it that. I like fall and winter, a little bit of spring, but not too much of summer.

Ahhh, we owned the wolverines in their own sweet big house, but I missed the game.

Let’s talk about sleeping. Why is sleeping not listed as a hobby? Anyway, there’s this one semester during my Purdue days when sleeping was done only 4 days of the whole week. Understandably, I was struggling both to jack up my grades so the sponsor continues paying the tuition (after F-ing up the grades the semester prior) and the courses I took that semester were actually architected to torture. (It was also the semester where it hits me that sports coaches and athletes aren’t the only masochists I’ve had the privilege to work with).

Anyways, back to the sleeping part, well, not really the sleeping part, but the waking up part. Imagine that you went to bed at 430 am last early morning, you wake up at 7. And you stayed up late last night not to watch random youtube videos, but to finish up assignments that were specifically designed and tuned so that they are impossible to finish; something better than proving convoluted theorems or equations, something of that order. Then, u drag that heavy messed up head of yours into the bathroom for an early morning shower; you turn the lights on which would at the same time trigger the radio who an electrical engineering student has installed and integrated into the bathroom’s wiring system. Then, this random radio station situated within a certain radius away from the bathroom decided to transmit this song called Paper Planes sang by the daughter of some prominent Sri Lankan political activist.

So, now to the important part; imagine the significant virtual banging that the little woodman is making merrily in your head after that long night losing your head off on some divine problem, now topped up by this somewhat confusing low beat I-don’t-know-what-genre kind of song from the radio, with every trickle of warm water from the slightly yellowish shower-head adding to a more physical kind of banging motion into the equation….. You’ll find yourself venturing into another world. Everything pitch black, the only things visible were glowing little planet like objects, orbiting around a non-physical energy, even Pluto was there as far as I can remember. The whole body turns numb, you feel like you’re flying on thin air, elevated. It just makes you high; high in the bong sense of the word. You should try it sometime.



I imagine that it was nearly the same kind of high I get during fitness tests; when you’re trying to catch up with the rest of the team, and you just happen to be the weakest. The differences are that the fitness test kind of high lasts only for a few seconds and it hits you while you’re struggling to get enough air to survive, while the high because of this simultaneous banging in and to the head could last a whole 3 minutes in a relaxed environment. I don’t know if that getting high without the help of pills was nice, but it was definitely cool. And imagine going through that kind of messed up situation at least 5 times in the duration of a month.

Anyways, I don’t think I’ll be enjoying getting high anytime soon, because in the past 2 months, on average, I go to bed, (well, not necessarily a proper bed, but anywhere good enough to land my messed up head on) and black out at 10 pm on an average weekday. How twisted is that? Though on a smaller marginal benefit, I still enjoy the sleeping part, but the idea of having nothing to do after work is really annoying.

We were told to come up with this 10-year personal plan. Now I need to fit in people into it. Anyone interested, just let me know. Hehhh

Ahhhh… I’m going to Harvard Business School, or Harvard Law maybe? Hmmmm… maybe I should go beg someone for a million bucks. Then I can take some friends to explore nice places in a pimped up hot air balloon.

I got a non-HBR book this month. Hoyeahhh!!!...

Kembali bermain hoki, dan harap-harap tak hujan minggu ini, mahu bermain bola sepak bersama geng buruh kasar.

8 comments:

anis said...

sangat messed up since it sounds like you're loving the messed up life you went through in uni more than your chilling life sekarang. psycho....

anyway, include me in ur plans okay.... I nk naik pimped up baloon tu. N kalau pg harvard i nk ikut tau... hehe

lagu tu mmg high la btw

when la nak ade internet ni???

masche said...

takde la chilling pun.... banyak je unnecessary assignments kena buat. cess

eh, dah kaya belum? tolong belikan apartment sebijik... boleh?
ni serius ni... haha

tunggu diorg habis install 4G dulu kot... haha

i b n j a i :: said...

jubek, radio bathroom tu dh disfunctioning. lampu ngn heater toilet tu terbakar.

we need the engineer to install it back.huhu

masche said...

nice... ape sial korang buat sampai terbakar lampu semua? takat dapur terbakar lyle buat tu biasa la.. haha

tu ko kn tanya captain zul la pasal radio tu. aku ECE201 pn dpt D je... lol

mane la ko jumpa blog aku nih.. adoiii

akshayxpear said...

naice..:) :) keep uploadin d cool stuff


check out my sketches and my photographs at my blog

Eva said...

I am not going to promoto my blog, though I do have one and you are welcome to visit it!

But I like to sleep, sleeping is cool, and you remind me of someone. But the difference between you and that someone is that you get up at 7, and she oversleeps al the time.
So just wanted to say that :)

pcqpig said...

where I first read the post.After reading this post I’m really thinking of going ahead and doing all of jade jewelry

RozaSam said...

Sleep should definitly be under the hobbies category!!!